ABOUT BOLT TRANSPORT:
Are you looking to join forces with a great shipping and logistics team? Bolt Transport is a solution-based regional hot shot trucking
company based in Mobile, Alabama that specializes in quick and safe transportation of time-sensitive loads. Most of our hot shot rigs
are Class 3 medium-duty trucks coupled with flatbed and gooseneck trailers with a combined GVWR of truck and trailer at 30,000
pounds. Our experienced drivers are essential to continuing Bolt Transport’s tradition of reliable, safe, and high-quality freight
services to most locations east of the Mississippi. The average haul is typically two to four-days with three to five stops and a total
driving range from 300 to 500 miles. Some routes extending as far as 1000 miles.
If you’re an experienced trucker who wants to join a team dedicated to continuing a legacy of exceptional customer service and safe
driving, we would love to have you join our team. We make sure our drivers have all the tools and resources necessary to succeed
and be comfortable. Our drivers also receive top-notch benefits and receive competitive compensation. Becoming a Bolt Transport
teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with over 50 years of success. We are looking for teammates
with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well
and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
This position is responsible for the safe, on-time, and efficient transport of goods to and from our distribution centers as well as
from our distribution center to our customers. You will also be picking up and transporting various goods on your way back to your
home base from completed runs to maintain this division profitable. You will be responsible for safely operating a truck and trailer
with a capacity of up to 30,300 pounds Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR).
- Deliver products of various sizes and weights long distances, sometimes over the course of multiple days, using assigned routes and navigation tools to arrive at destinations on time.
- Strap and tarp all equipment as instructed
- Thoroughly inspect any equipment before loading and after unloading
- Take pictures of all goods before loading and at the time of delivery
- Maintain constant communication with home base
- Obey all traffic and DOT laws and regulations
- Operate and drive company vehicle in a safe, courteous, and safe manner remembering that you represent the company
- Be courteous to fellow motorists
- Ensure that your vehicle is properly functioning at all times while on the job.
- Log routes, completed deliveries, and any problems with equipment or merchandise for the company's records.
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude while engaging with customers
- Perform complete pre and post-trip inspections of all equipment to reduce/eliminate breakdowns.
- Must be able to operate safely within high traffic/congested areas as well as very rural areas.
- Complete logbook and other paperwork in order to meet all DOT and company record-keeping requirements.
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck and trailer before and after each trip
- Maintain truck and trailer
- When not driving complete tasks in the warehouse up to and including moving, loading, unloading equipment or picking of equipment as requested by management.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by management.
REQUIREMENTS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Some college preferred. A High School diploma, general education degree, or equivalent is required
- CDL A License is required
- Minimum one year of sit-down forklift experience
- Minimum one year of Commercial Driving experience
- Flatbed and hotshot experience
- Ability to work multiple days in a row regularly.
- Punctuality, familiarity with GPS systems, and an excellent sense of direction.
- Must be proficient in English written and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of relevant computer applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and, General Internet use)
- Minimal initial mechanical or automotive experience a plus
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent judgment and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Basic mechanical abilities to work in the shop area and location as needed or as deemed sufficient by management
- Basic automotive repair
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, touch, see, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must have the ability to complete product training which can include but is not limited to on-hands training
- Lifting ability of 50 lbs. and physical demands including but not limited to: standing squatting, operating machinery, and perform repetitive motions.
- A flexible work schedule is required to meet the demands of the industry. Due to the nature of the business, weekend and evening hours may be necessary.
- Hours may be long and irregular.
- Work Environment is non-traditional. Frequent trips to remote job sites will require working in a variety of weather conditions.
- This job requires 80-90% on the road travel with overnight stays away from home.
Bolt Transport is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.